Life on Board
The whole idea of joining a cruise is to have a blast, sailing in a great area with good friends. Though we do not want to make all this sound like boot camp, there are a few important issues about daily life on board.
While a charter on a gulet is fun in the first place, let's not forget that everybody on board must understand basic safety issues.
The safety of passengers and crew / gulet is always placed above any other consideration.
A PFD (Personal Flotation Device) is designed to keep your head above water and to help you remain in a position which permits proper breathing.
The life jackets are stored under the beds in all cabins and/or in the common sitting area. Ask your crew!
Our boat fire extinguishers are Coast Guard approved.
The safety fire blankets on the boats meet the requirements of all fire safety regulations on board.
Necessity of a tidy boat
Being on a 50 or 70 somewhat feet boat for a few days or more imply close quarters. Beyond the simple comfort, it is a matter of basic safety for everyone on board that before setting off, everything is properly stowed and secured. In the cabins and in the common areas. We hope that everyone can understand this and participate. There is the potential for objects to fly that are not stored properly. Along with this we like to keep a tidy, organized boat. The gulet is your home for the period of your cruise and is someone's precious property. Be kind to it.
No shoes on board
Normal street shoes are definitely not acceptable on board a yacht... Walking barefoot is the rule on board! Soft-soled shoes for getting around on deck (not inside) is possible.
Toilets on board
A boat toilet is very complex & sensitive machinery that gets very easily blocked. Therefore please do not put any toilet paper or sanitary products down the toilets on board. Use the rubbish bin in the bathroom. Air displaced from the tank when the waste drops may cause a smell. Please operate the pump long enough to ensure that waste is flushed all the way out of the hose to the holding tank. Waste standing in the hose is a source of unpleasant odors. "Gentlemen please be seated" is another effective way of minimizing head compartment odors.
Water supply on board is obviously limited. Please do not let the water run while brushing your teeth. Keep your showers short.
The same concept as the water. Please avoid leaving lights on without reason. Electrical appliances may only be connected while the yacht is tied up to land.
Respect of fellow passengers/crew and other water enthusiasts
We share the Mediterranean with other boaters, fishermen, swimmers, surfers, and water skiers, please respect their rights to safety, comfort, access, and use of the water.
Don't stay down below unless necessary, look at the horizon if you feel queasy. Guests who are prone to it take the proper medications well before casting off.
No smoking inside! Smoking is only allowed on the deck. Please use the provided ash trays!
Fun and Entertainment
The most important part of the blue cruise is to enjoy and have fun. As long as you adhere to the rules of everyday life, you can be sure that you will have a smooth holiday.
Have a great cruise vacation!
Terms & Conditions
- All holidays on this website are sold subject to the following conditions.
- The person whose name is on the contract will be considered as the groups leader and therefore accepts these terms and conditions for and on behalf of all the persons named on, substituted or added to the booking form.
- All prices shown are current at the time of putting the website online. Information given here is based on the latest information available. We reserve the right to change any of the facilities, services, itineraries, prices or vehicles described here without being liable for any compensation or refund.
- Bookings can only be confirmed when a 30% deposit or the full payment has been received by SERKAN Yachting.
- You can cancel at any time, however cancellation fees apply. The cancellation will be effective as at the time that we receive a written request from you or your Agent. Clients who wish to cancel their charter holiday for any reason, including health or family reasons, are subject to the following fees:
- 120 days or more notice for yacht charters: SERKAN will accept cancellation and refund all moneys, except for a 65 Euro per person non refundable administrative fee plus applicable hotel, cruise and air cancellation fees.
- 119-90 days notice for yacht charters: 50% refund.
- 89 days or less notice for yacht charters: no refunds of any kind. The remaining balances, equivalent to the full cost of the charter cruise, will be deducted automatically from the credit card provided at the time of booking.
- 25 or more days notice for cabin charters: SERKAN will accept cancellation and refund all moneys, except for a 25 Euro per person non refundable administrative fee plus applicable hotel, cruise and air cancellation fees.
- 24-15 days notice for cabin charters: 50% refund.
- 15 days or less notice for cabin charters: no refunds of any kind. The remaining balances, equivalent to the full cost of the charter cruise, will be deducted automatically from the credit card provided at the time of booking.
- If a refund is payable to you either because of an amendment or cancellation, the refund amount will be calculated according to these conditions and with consideration of evidence of exceptional circumstances. All bank fees incurred for processing/transferring the credited amount to the client will be the responsibility of the client. Clients will be provided with a letter for their travel insurance upon request.
- Prices do not include insurances of any kind for clients, unless stated explicitly. Under Turkish and Greek Law, adequate insurance is mandatory for all clients to cover at least but not limited to personal accident, death, medical and repatriation expenses, loss/theft/damage of luggage and cancellation or curtailment of a tour/cruise and should not exclude any planned adventure activities from the time of booking for the full duration of the tour/cruise as a minimum. A client and their personal belongings are the sole responsibility of the Client. You are fully responsible for arranging your own insurance. SERKAN Yachting shall not be liable for any cost or expense arising there from. We shall not be liable for any refund, either partial or total of money paid.
- The responsibility of SERKAN and/or its agents is limited. SERKAN can accept no responsibilities for any delay or change in schedule, breakdown in machinery or equipment, strikes, theft, baggage loss/damage, or injury arising out of or in connection with hotel/gulet accommodation, food, baggage handling, war or terrorist activities (threatened or actual), weather conditions or any matter related hereto. All such losses or expenses will have to be borne by the client.
- We reserve the right to change an itinerary after departure due to local circumstances or events outside our control. In such emergency circumstances, any additional costs of necessary itinerary alterations will be covered by the client. We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that may be incurred as a result of a change of itinerary, including accommodations, visas, vaccinations, or non-refundable flights.
- Optional activities not included in the tour price are not part of the tour or this contract. Although your tour guide may assist you to arrange optional activities this does not imply liability on our part. The contract for the provision of that activity will be between you and the optional activity provider.
- SERKAN Yachting reserves the right at any time to change any part of the itinerary or the carrier utilized, or the hotel accommodations utilized, or any other. The prices advertised are subject to change due to price increases resulting from gasoline price increases and similar causes. In such case each passenger can be required to pay an additional amount for the trip reflecting such increase.
- In case of a breakdown of a gulet, SERKAN and/or its agents have got 24 hours to resolve the problem by repairing the gulet or by replacing it by another gulet. No refund of any kind will be made.
- SERKAN Yachting reserves the right to decline, accept or remove, at its sole discretion, at any time before or during the trip, any tour member as a participant in the trip when not compatible with the general enjoyment and well-being of other members on the trip. No refund of any kind will be made.
- In the unlikely event of any dissatisfaction, clients must bring the complaints to the attention of SERKAN head office in Antalya during the cruise/tour so that SERKAN can take immediate action to remedy the problem. Complaints made afterwards are not accepted. No refund is available on bookings that received a discount due to a special offer or promotion.
- Agent's responsibility: it is your agents responsibility to advise SERKAN Yachting of any special requirements you may have and to communicate to you any changes or alterations advised to your agent by SERKAN YACHTING
- If a client fails to join a tour or joins it after departure, or leaves it prior to completion, no refund can be made.
- The information as stated on this website is correct to the best of our belief, but we accept no liability for any inaccuracies contained here in.